If you are familiar with my Top 7 Best Ab Workouts for Women You Can Do at Home, you know that I love ab exercises for women that take full advantage your body weight, that are versatile, work your obliques, and can be repeated circuit style.
These ab exercises are no different. I simply created a new workout using different ab exercises because all women like to vary their workouts, am I right?
How to Use These Ab Exercises for Women
I am going to explain each ab exercise with an image to help visualize it, but as usual, check out the video to see it in action. Furthermore, I go through all the exercises once in the video, but you can do the series of ab exercises twice or even three times as you get stronger and want more of a challenge.
1. Side Plank (50 Reps)
Side planks are an excellent bodyweight exercise that works your obliques and your shoulders. Work towards 50 reps on each side. I was struggling with 30 at first, so I know this is a challenge. You can also put one knee on the ground as modifier.
- Lie on your right side with your legs stacked and the elbow of your right arm directly under your shoulder.
- Engage your core and lift up your torso towards the ceiling by moving your right shoulder.
2. Plank to Bodyweight Quad Press (30 Reps)
This exercises will get your heart pumping and your quads working on top of strengthening your core (yes, that’s why I love bodyweight exercises, it’s called multitasking).
- Start in a high plank position (with your hands underneath your shoulders and your core tight.
- Bring your body back by pushing through your palms and bending your knees at a 90-degree angle.
- Move back to the high plank position.
3. Bodyweight Quad Press to Plank Obliques (20 on Each Side)
Now, this move is similar to the previous one, but after you get back into plank, you will bring your right knee in to your left elbow. Return to the quad press, get back into plank, and bring the left knee to your right elbow.
4. Plank Hip Dips (20 on Each Side)
One of my all time favorite ab exercises for women!
- Start in a low plank position (on your elbows).
- Rotate your hips to the right until your hips almost touch the floor.
- Bring your body back into plank.
- Rotate your hips to the left.
5. Forearm Plank Rock (20 Reps)
This movement is similar to a static low plank but your rock your body back and forth, which works your shoulders a bit more.
- Start in a forearm plank with your elbows under your shoulders and your forearms on the ground.
- Rock your entire body forward bringing your weight to your toes and your forearms. Your shoulders will go past your elbows.
- Rock back to your starting position.
7- Oblique Crunches (Bicycle Crunch- 30 on Each Side)
- Lie on your back with your knees at a 90-degree angle.
- Lift your head and shoulders off the ground.
- Bring your right elbow to your left knee.
- Take your knee and your upper body back down and repeat with the other side.
8- Reverse Crunches (In and Out) (30 Reps)
- Lie on your back with your lets up to the ceiling.
- Lift your lower back off the mat.
- Bring your lower back down against the mat.
- Lower your legs until they almost touch the ground.
- Lift your legs back up and start over.
9- Plank Side Crunch (10 on each side) – Another great ab exercise for women!
- Start in the side forearm plank position.
- Hold your top forearm behind your head.
- Bring your top leg up and fold it to meet with your top elbow.
6. Low Plank In and Outs (15 Reps on Each Side)
Starting in low plank position again, you will take your legs in an out one at a the time. To make it more difficult, do plank jacks.
Best Ab Exercises for Women Video
Follow this along where I go through all these ab exercises for women.